Travel Guide Australia
Site Map and Site Search
The Travel Guide Australia - my site map - helps you find your way around and locate the information you are looking for.
For an even quicker way to find what you want use the search box below. Just enter the term you are looking for, click "Search", and you will be taken to a list of pages on this site that contain your search term.
If you want to be notified about new content and updates, use RSS!
The easiest way to learn about new pages and updates for this travel guide to Australia
If you already know about RSS skip this section
But if you looked at the little buttons under the navbar and wondered what they were: RSS is the most convenient way to be notified about new content and updates I make to this travel guide for Australia's Outback. You don't have to give me your email address, and you don't have to come back here and check for new information. The information will come to you.
Getting Your Visa
- This section explains how to get your Visa For Australia.
- Australian Visa Requirements.
- Australian Visa Applications (both online and paper applications).
- The Australian Tourist or Travel Visa is easy to get, especially the electronic form of it.
- The Australian Work Visa is a fantastic way to visit Australia for a full year without putting a big dint in your budget.
- In this section you can look at the different options to Travel Australia.
- Train Travel In Australia: things you should know.
- Campervan Hire In Australia: things you should know.
- Budget Travel Around Australia: Yep, it's possible. You can travel around all of Australia on a budget.
- Hitchhiking In Australia
- Driving in Australia is about license requirements, traffic rules, and adapting to driving on the wrong side of the road ;-)
- Driving Distances Australia. Here you can find tables with the travel distances between major Australian cities and major tourist attractions.
- Travel in the Austrailian Outback has it's own hazards. Go here to find out what they are, and how to make sure that you will enjoy your trip.
- More about Driving Through the Australian Outback: a page for the more adventurous who want to leave the bitumen.
- Outback Information: Australian Outback road reports, flood warnings, weather forecasts...
The Australian Outback
- The Australian Outback: Index
- Australian Outback Facts: Size, Location, Climate, Tourism, Dangers...
- Where Or What Is The Australian Outback?
- Australian Outback Map
- Australian Outback Survival: how to stay alive if you get lost...
- Australian Outback Cattle Stations: life, work and tourism on Outback stations.
- Australian Road Trains: the kings of the Outback roads.
- What is The Best Way to Travel in the Australia Outback?
- When is The Best Time for Travel in Outback Australia?
- The Australian Outback Climate
- Australian Outback Temperatures: tables with monthly temperature averages for several towns in the Outback.
- Information about Accommodation in Australia's Outback.
- Australian Outback Camping
- Camping Guide Books
- Australian Outback Clothing and other items you need to pack for the trip.
- Information on Dangerous Australian Outback Animals.
- The Australian Outback Spectacular, the newest addition to the collection of Warner Village theme parks. Why it is no substitute for the real thing.
- Australian Outback Hats. Which would you like? A souvenir or the real thing?
- Australian Deserts
- Is the Australian Desert Turning Green? What the climate change means for the Outback.
- The Great Victoria Desert is the largest desert in Australia...
- followed by the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia
- and the Tanami Desert in the Northern Territory.
- The Devils Marbles
Australian Outback Cities/Towns
- Darwin Australia, the best starting point for an Australian Outback vacation.
- Alice Springs, Australia
- Coober Pedy, Australia
More pages for the travel guide to Australia's Outback are coming!
Australian Outback Tours
- Australian Outback Tours: browse hundreds of tours and have free brochures mailed to you.
More pages coming!
- The Kimberly in Australia: A fascinating wilderness region, and my home. And yes, the correct spelling is Kimberley. For the rest of this section I shall stick to it ;-)
- Kimberley Climate, Temperatures, Dry and Wet season, all spelled out in detail. This page gives you a good picture of what the weather is like in northern Australia.
- Kununurra, the best place to base yourself for an unforgettable Kimberley vacation.
- Accommodation in Kununurra.
- Broome: "The Southern Gateway to the Kimberley Region."
- What to see and do in Broome is covered in Broome Attractions.
- And Broome, Western Australia expands on this by showing you what to see and do in the Kimberley near Broome.
- Kimberleys Australia: If you need help with the planning of your trip the Kununurra Visitor Centre is the place to contact.
- The huge Boab Tree can only be found in the Kimberley.
Australian National Parks
Your travel guide to Australia has more pages about the individual national parks in the works, so that section will keep growing...
- Australia Facts is your guide to answers to the most frequently asked questions about Australia.
- Facts on Australia: A page summarizing all the important facts about Australia.
- Fun Facts About Australia: Just for fun.
- Australian Climate: This page explains the different climate zones across Australia and links to more climate information in other sections.
- Australian Currency: This page includes a handy Australian Currency Converter and all the information about Australian money that a traveller needs.
- What Time Is It In Australia?: Current local time, time zones and daylight savings.
Similar to the national parks section this part of the site has become too big to be added here.
You find links to all the animal information here:
- Australian Outback DVDs and Videos
- Australia Travel DVDs
- Australian Outback Movies
- Austrailian Animal DVDs
DVDs and Videos
And this is only the beginning. I have many more topics in the works for this travel guide to Australia and the Outback